Jr/Sr High School Principal
Thank you for visiting the Williamstown Jr./Sr. High School website. We are proud that both our Junior and Senior High Schools are designated as Proficient schools, based on our 2014-2015 K-Prep results. The entire faculty, staff, and community of Williamstown strives to maintain our school's tradition of excellence. Below are my personal goals for assisting in these efforts. I hope each of you will embrace these ideas and help out in any areas that you feel you have talents or abilities.
Vision of Learning…
To improve the communication of our vision of learning, we will:
- Revise and update the school’s mission and belief statements and communicate that vision to all stakeholders.
- Ensure that the mission and belief statements reflect our needs by using data from the School Report Card, Comprehensive School Improvement Plan (CSIP), MAP results, KPREP results, and other relevant data.
- Facilitate the organization of a parent booster organization at the junior and senior high schools.
School Culture & Instructional Program…
To improve school culture, we will:
- Bring some fun and school spirit back to Williamstown! (At least 4 pep rallies per year, at least one club for each student, other events that students want.)
- Establish a School Climate Committee that will organize events for staff (potlucks, appreciation gifts, incentives).
- Facilitate the organization of a parent booster organization for the junior and senior high schools.
To improve the instructional program, we will:
- Promote professional development opportunities that are directly tied to instructional weaknesses targeted in the CSIP.
- Conduct weekly walkthrough evaluations of faculty and staff.
- Conduct formative and summative evaluations of faculty and staff using the appropriate evaluative programs and within the correct timelines.
- Provide timely, effective feedback regarding observations so that faculty and staff can improve instructional practices.
The Learning Environment…
To improve the learning environment, we will...
- Reassign job duties and develop job descriptions for all office staff to ensure effective management of daily operations.
- Communicate expectations and responsibilities to all teachers to ensure that the classroom environment is effective and efficient.
- Organize a budgeting committee of staff, parents, and community members to determine creative ways to build revenue and determine how resources should be utilized.
- Ensure that all stakeholders are aware of the school’s safety and crisis plans and determine the best means of communicating this plan to all stakeholders.
Collaboration & Communication…
To improve collaboration and communication, we must:
- Provide teachers and parents/guardians with the skills to build positive working relationships.
- Invite parents to volunteer at the school on a regular basis to assist teachers and students.
- Utilize the results of surveys (Gallup, TELL, and others) to determine the needs and desires of our students, faculty, and parents; develop a committee to address needs.
Integrity, Equity, and Ethics…
To promote integrity, equity, and ethics, we will:
- Include all stakeholders in the decision-making process through the use of discussions, open forums, and/or surveys.
- Make decisions that are in the best interest of ALL students and the entire school community rather than personal interests.
- Ensure that teachers follow the professional code of ethics.
- Ensure that parents and students are aware of their rights and responsibilities.
To ensure knowledge of and respect for the cultural context of education, we will...
- Support the inclusion of classroom mentoring and guidance to inform students about diversity and respect.
- Engage in dialogue with important decision makers who make policies and other issues affecting education.
- Ensure that all legal requirements are met regarding issues involving student rights and opportunities.
- Support college and career readiness opportunities for students, including events such as Operation Preparation, job shadowing, and college visits.