Folder and Homework Information:
Folders will go home each night of the week.
The folder will contain:
- Completed and checked work from the day or previous week.
- Work that needs to be completed or corrected and returned.
- On Monday a newsletter will go home from the teacher.
- Homework packet given out on Monday.
- Other important papers or letters from the office.
Please remove papers from the folder each night and send folder back in with your child.
Homework needs to be completed and returned by or before each Friday of the same week.
We will have a spelling test each Friday with a practice test on Thursday. If a student earns 16 points out of 16 points on the practice test, he or she will not have to retake the test on Friday. Instead, he or she will be allowed to have some extra free reading time while others take the test. If your child receives below 16 out of 16 on the practice test, the grade is not recorded until the final test on Friday.
I will be sending home a calendar/behavior chart that will include a monthly schedule for Show-and-Tell, important school dates, and Encore classes. I will also be sending home a daily schedule later.