Nutrition Test Review:
1. What is a calorie?
2. How many calories = 1 pound?
3. How many pounds is it safe to lose per week?
4. What are the two types of bad kinds of fat? What are two types of good fat?
5. What are 4 types of foods high in fat?
6. What is anorexia and what is bulimia?
7. What is the disease that lack of calcium can cause?
8. What is the kidney problem that too much protein can cause called?
9. What is the difference between “simple” and “complex” carbohydrates? List a few examples of foods in each category.
10. When buying a bread or flour product, what word do you want to look for high on the ingredients list?
11. What does exercise burn?
12. Why do we need to take a vitamin/mineral pill daily?
13. Why is water good for you?
14. Why is it important to eat breakfast?
15. Why is the “MyPlate” example important to follow?
16. If you were thinking of changing your eating habits to lose weight, how long do you need to keep it up?
17. How many servings of protein should you have per day? (for your gender and age)
18. How many servings of dairy should you have per day? (for your gender and age)
19. How many servings of carbohydrates should you have per day? (for your gender and age)
20. How many servings of fruit should you have per day? (for your gender and age)
21. How many servings of vegetable should you have per day? (for your gender and age)
22. Know how to read a food label…
23. What is the top percent of your total daily calories that should come from fat?