Lifetime Fitness Plan
design and implement a personal lifetime leisure/recreational plan that includes challenging and enjoyable physical activities.
Pick at least one physical activity/sport and design a lifetime leisure/recreational plan for staying physically fit. The activity can be something we have done in class or something else you enjoy doing.
Your plan should be one that you can/will actually follow throughout your life.
What is a lifetime activity/sport?
*** Lifetime activities/sports are physical activities that can be performed at any age. Lifetime sports are low-impact and low-risk activities, and they do not involve physical contact with other players. These activities promote fitness and improve health at any age. The American Academy of Pediatrics lists walking, bicycling, bowling, golf, martial arts and dancing as some popular lifetime sports. These activities are suitable for young children, adults and older adults to enjoy together.
- Give a description of the activity/activities you chose. If it is a sport include gameplay, a brief history and rule overview. If it is a physical activity or fitness activity, give a description of the activity, overall popularity and any other pertinent information. (10 points)
- State why you believe this physical activity/activities would be a good choice for a lifetime fitness plan. (5 points)
- The plan must include how many times a week you are going to participate in this activity/activities and for how long. (6 points)
- Include what health benefits you will obtain from participating in this plan. Must include at least one benefit from each category: physical, mental/emotional, and social. (6 points)
- Include what components of physical fitness you will improve by participating in this activity.
- Give three reasons why you chose the activity/activities for your lifetime fitness plan. (6 points)
- Use complete sentences, proper grammar and neat presentation (typed or neatly written).
- Turn in assignment on time (5 points)