Williamstown Independent School District is one of the oldest continuously operated school systems in Kentucky, with a rich tradition of excellence. In 1822, Grant Seminary was the first schoolhouse built in the newly established city of Williamstown by Captain William Arnold, a revolutionary war veteran. Over the next 70 years, the school would undergo several changes - becoming Williamstown Seminary, Webb Academy, Williamstown Select High School, then becoming Williamstown Graded Free School in 1891. Eventually, the Williamstown Independent School District emerged as it is known today. The current school building has undergone several renovations and additions since it was built in 1968. Students from preschool through high school age share the same campus and many of the same facilities.
Although the building and the location have changed over the years, the spirit and pride in Williamstown Schools remain the same. The vision of the school district is Preparing Students for Productive Citizenship through the mission of Engaging, Educating, and Empowering All Students..A