Dear Williamstown Independent Families,
The 2017-2018 school year is off and running. Thank you so much for your help in ensuring a smooth transition for our students. It is enjoyable to see our hallways filled with smiling faces and I hope your child(ren) have experienced a positive start to the year.
At Williamstown Independent, our vision is to Prepare Students for Productive Citizenship. We plan to do this through our mission to Engage, Educate, and Empower ALL Students. This is carried out in a variety of ways through different activities students will participate in throughout the year.
Our goal is for all students to have a positive school year where they learn and grow academically, emotionally, and socially. This is accomplished best when school staff and families work together. Below are ideas that can help your child have a successful school year:
· Attend back to school night and parent-teacher conferences.
· Stay in contact with your child’s teacher(s).
· Visit the school and the website. Also, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
· Ask your child about their school day and inquire about what they are learning.
· Send your child to school ready to learn. Make sure they get plenty of rest and arrive at school in time to eat breakfast if they do not eat at home.
· Help them stay organized.
· Get involved. Ask for ways in which you can assist a teacher and attend events.
· Take attendance seriously. Please make every effort for your child to attend on school days.
On behalf of all staff, we are excited to have you join us this school year. Working together, we can make this a great year for all!
With Demon Pride,
Williamstown Independent Schools